Saturday, August 22, 2015

JeffreyToobin. Objections or Questions. Greenwald. Risen. Piers Morgan Live. 31 Jul 2013.

1.         TOOBIN: And -- and things are read. I mean, if I send you a Gmail, you know, from my personal account to your personal account and I say, you know, let's play golf this weekend, I -- Google will read that e-mail and try to sell me golf clubs. So you know...
2.         TOOOBIN: ...automatically. A lot of what's going on is that kind of automatic...
3.         TOOOBIN: Can -- can I just ask -- I'd like to ask Glenn a question about this program. Is this just for domestic e-mails or -- or is this for international e-mails or -- or both?
TOOOBIN: And -- but I think -- but I think, Glenn, I mean, this is an important clarification that this is primarily targeted at international e-mails, not purely domestic e-mails. Now, as -- as Glenn points out, there may be mistakes. There may be a lot of access (ph)...
4.         TOOOBIN: Well, it's certainly true that it is -- that -- that there has been public discussion of this. And that's -- that's a -- that's a good thing. And look, my hats off to Glenn for investigative reporting. I still think Edward Snowden is a criminal and should not have done what he did. But I do think the -- the -- this discussion we're having is a good thing.
5.         TOOOBIN: That's true.
6.         TOOOBIN: But -- but isn't -- isn't it also.
7.         TOOOBIN: Oh, give me...
8.         TOOOBIN: Glenn, he's gone to China and then he's gone to Russia, two of the most repressive countries in the world and they -- you don't think they have now have access to all that material? He somehow kept it secret from them?
9.         TOOOBIN: That's right. And he wants to go to China...
10.      TOOOBIN: ...and he wants to go to China and Russia...
11.      TOOOBIN: ...we charge (ph) deacons of freedom -- oh, Hong Kong, right, which is -- which is independent of China...
12.      TOOOBIN: ...come on. I mean, come on, Glenn.

No comments:

Post a Comment